Friday, January 16, 2009

Unveiled Beauty

My adventure to Seattle has been remarkable. I've had space, time, family...

I just started rereading Captivating and came to a realization. Stasi talks about the heart and desires of a woman, one of which is to be part of a grand adventure. Of course, within context, she refers to an adventure with Christ.

There is opportunity to unveil your beauty, be the star of His adventure, and learn what it means to have a woman's heart. My adventure began long ago, but I've been leaving my hero hanging. I haven't acknowledged what I have already gained: the opportunity to venture with Jesus and be the heroine in OUR adventure.

Of course there are things I long for, including Africa, South America, Taiwan, Southeast Asia... Nursing, marriage (yes i admit it), heaven... and I pray that these are part of the adventure He has planned, and if not it must be so much better.

"Then the time came when the risk it took
To remain tight in a bud was more painful
Than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin

No comments: