Wednesday, January 7, 2009

North West Knowledge

Necessities:
scarves
coffee in the morning
hot tea in the afternoons
windshield wipers

They weren't kidding when they said:
it rains
there is a starbucks on EVERY corner
it is beautiful
the seafood is awesome

So, when I got up here it was layered in snow and ice and the entire area was recovering from their worst snow since the early 70's... but it soon melted away from the rain and I was able to drive my 2WD not equipped for snow vehicle...

I have somewhat learned my way around, but I still get lost everyday. Some days it is frustrating, other days it makes more sense and I learn from it.

There is a "post-college singles group for 22-30 year olds" at the church my roommate and sister attend that they think would be fun for me to get involved in. (I'm still getting used to the idea of post-college and the grouping of me with 30 year olds...)

I have been desperately job searching for a little over a week with no success, but i shall persevere and hopefully find something to last me through may.

I'm relinquishing some baggage from Texas and really focusing on God's little idea he has for me. It's exciting and fun, but i'm anxious to know what's ahead, who my friends will be, and where I'll be working...

Hope all is well in Texas, Virginia, Florida, Peru, etc...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, what a day today has been! i've found blogs of three other Briggs girls! I miss you tons! :)

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm so glad you are doing ok. I miss you and I'm so glad I was able to see you before you left! Please tell us when you learn how to put chains on your tires....a diagram of how it's done would be good too ;)

Amanda said...

things are well in peru!! kind of hot, but just fine.

how are you doing? enjoying seattle?

miss you a lot friend. love you!