Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The past week in the life of Ashley

Things that have happened in the past week:

-- i've learned a lot about Japanese cuisine
-- finally got paid from both jobs
-- ordered/received my birth certificate so i can finally get my WA license
-- planned and re-planned the visit for the camp girls coming up from Texas on saturday
-- walked up and down a hill of snow to commute from my car to my house


In other news, one of my friends from high school passed away about a week and a half ago. It saddened me to know that I wouldn't be running into him any more. I was a cheerleader with his twin sister and was affected by his death more than I thought I would have been. I realize that this happens to me often, mainly because I ache for the family and friends left behind. It was a freak accident really. Someone did an illegal U-turn on I-10 on the NM/TX border about 10 miles from my house and caused a head-on collision. The woman was only charged with reckless driving, but Pierre was 5 months away from becoming a dad for the first time. Please drive safely and be cautious of others, but also follow those traffic signals and rules... sometimes you just don't see what's literally right in front of you.

No comments: