Sunday, February 1, 2009

Church

I've been trying out several churches since my arrival to the NW. Today I tried one in downtown seattle (about a 20 minute commute from my house w/o traffic). I thought there would be traffic and horrible parking, but it actually turned out great. The church was awesome. One that all my friends FROM TEXAS have been urging me to go to. It's a very 'young' church (lots of young people there) which was nice, since my life has been consumed with under 10 and 35+... The best part, however, was the drive.

As I crossed the bridge into Seattle (and that alone is pretty, with all the water) I could see the space needle directly in front of me amongst all the buildings downtown. Then I exit and come up right between Safeco and Qwest Fields (where the Mariners and the Seahawks play, respectively)... plus just the excitement and life of the city (even on a sunday morning, there was some life to it)... I'm still so glad I live here, even if it has been tough moving up here alone... and my relationship with God grows each day, with increasing dependence on Him. It is awful, it is wonderful, it is new, & it's necessary

2 comments:

Ashley said...

haha yay! yay for granola Seattle and hummus! oh i would love to live there some day.

we actually have a few friends up here from the seattle/washington state area!

i pray that you find a church body to connect w/ soon! we know the feeling of being out of fellowship and its not fun-we just found a church and are really excited about the fellowship and ministry we will have w/ that!

Anonymous said...

awe ash. i love reading your posts. they are very encouraging and hilarious. miss you very much. who all is coming to visit you mrs. you get 5 visitors? you lucky lady!!!!!